Earlier today I decided to try and clean up some of the jquery soup on my website by bringing some nice and orgainized angular into the mix. For about 30 minutes I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my angular expressions weren’t working, until I finally realized that angular and liquid markdown share the exact same expression delimiters: {{ and }} (just getting those to show in this post took some leg work). So the liquid markdown parser scans through and consumes all the angular expressions and then when the html is rendered, there is nothing for angular to evaluate.

Thankfully angular exposes its interpolate provider, so you can easily change the characters to something else which won’t conflict with jekyll, like [[ and ]] for example.